UNM Los Alamos

Transition to UNM Albuquerque

Transition to UNM Albuquerque

Students interested in attending UNM Albuquerque to pursue a bachelor’s degree should be aware that many of the necessary prerequisites for main campus degree programs are offered by UNM Los Alamos. Students are encouraged to work with UNM Los Alamos advisors to plan their individual programs.

Students attending UNM Los Alamos are encouraged to pursue their undergraduate and graduate degrees by continuing their education at UNM Albuquerque or through UNM Extended University.

How to Transition

Complete the Transition Form if you are currently enrolled at UNM Los Alamos or your most recent attendance at a UNM Branch Campus was within three consecutive semesters prior to the term you want to enroll at UNM Albuquerque or a UNM Statewide program. If you have not attended a UNM Branch Campus in the last three consecutive semesters, complete the regular Application for Admission.

If you have earned fewer than 24 college level academic credits, please send official transcripts from all colleges or universities you have attended (excluding UNM) along with your official high school transcripts and ACT or SAT scores. You will need to meet freshman admission requirements and have a cumulative transferable academic college GPA of at least 2.0.

If you have earned 24 college level academic credits or more, only official transcripts from all other colleges and universities (non-UNM) you have attended are necessary. You must have a cumulative transferable academic college GPA of at least 2.0 to transition to UNM-Albuquerque.

Please note that some courses from technical and vocational fields (example: Business Technology, Information Technology) are not considered academic credits.

For complete details on the transition process (including Financial Aid), see: admissions.unm.edu/future-students/branch-transition.html.