After you have been admitted, set up your NetID, taken any placement tests and met with an academic advisor, you are ready to register. Registration is easy and available through MyUNM.
For complete details on registration, enrollment, grades, and other academic policies, see the Academic Catalog.
Steps to Register
To register for classes using Lobo Web:
- Access “myUNM” at https://my.unm.edu and login using your NetID and password.
- Click on the “Student Life” tab near the top of the page.
- Click on the red “Lobo Web” link in the middle of the page. Please note any announcements that may be present in the box.
- From the Student & Financial Aid Menu, click on “Registration and Records.”
- Click on the “Select Term” link and select a term from the drop down menu. Then, click “Submit.”
- Look through the course schedule to write down the CRN (Course Reference Numbers) for the courses that you want to add. You can get them from the paper schedule, the pdf schedule on the UNM Los Alamos website, or, by clicking on “Search Class Schedule for Classes to Add.”
- If you DO know the course CRN, click on “Registration Add/Drop Classes.”
- To register, you must “Accept” financial responsibility.
- If you are already registered for a course, you will see the listing here.
- To add classes, enter the CRN’s at the bottom of the Registration (Add/Drop Classes) page in the text fields provided.
- To drop classes, select the available drop option from the menu (defaulted to ‘NONE’ under the “Action” column of your current Schedule.)
- Click “Submit.”
UNM-Los Alamos provides mandatory advising for degree-seeking students. If you are a degree-seeking student, you must meet with and academic advisor before you can register.
New non-degree students should not have an advising hold on their account until you have accumulated more than 30 credit hours in non-degree status. Please contact Student Services to inquire about releasing the hold.
Academic advisors are available to ALL students regardless of their enrollment status to help with course selection, academic career questions, and transfer information.
Your student account from previous semesters must be paid in full before you are allowed to register or request transcripts. For more information or questions, contact the Cashier at (505) 663-3416.