The purpose of the Student Government is to represent the interests and concerns of the student body of The University of New Mexico-Los Alamos, to seek student input on issues, to act on student issues, to provide recommendations on student issues and to assume the responsibilities of participatory governance on behalf of students.
Phi Theta Kappa
Earn induction into the international honor society that recognizes and encourages scholarship among associate degree students. Membership in Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society will open new doors for your academic journey.
Are you passionate about your interest or hobby? Why not start your own club at UNM-LA? Charter your own student club or organization today!
What are the benefits of starting a club?
- A great way to meet like-minded students.
- Free access to some University services, facilities, and equipment.
- Possible club funding from Student Government.
Who is eligible to participate in UNM-LA clubs?
- Any UNM-LA students who are registered for at least 6 hours of 100-200 level courses.
- Non-students who compose 25% or less of total club membership.
Starting your new club is simple
- Go to the Student Services to get an application and handbook for chartering.
- Return the completed form to the Student Services office.
Contact Student Services at (505) 662-0332.