The Summer Bridge Program provides high school graduates and GED recipients with a gradual transition to college and assists students with tutoring and mentoring to strengthen their academic skills. In addition to providing the opportunity to take two college courses in just eight weeks, the program will provide opportunities to develop college success skills.
- Participate in a cohort of other first time college students.
- Receive personalized attention from UNM-LA faculty and staff.
- Become familiar with the campus and its resources.
- It’s FREE—scholarships cover tuition and fees for the program.
Admission to the program is contingent upon the following:
- 2014 high school graduate or 2014 GED recipient.
- Eligible for UNM-Los Alamos admission.
- Complete a Summer Bridge Program Application Packet.
- Once accepted into the program, meet with an advisor to register for the appropriate classes.
- Participate in a mandatory orientation, and weekly outside of class session that will include enrichment, advisement, and educational activities.
Priority Deadline April 18, 2014. Incomplete applications will not be considered. (If space remains in program after priority deadline, UNM-LA will continue to accept applications until filled.)
This program and its associated scholarship are extremely competitive.Summer Bridge Application
For more information, contact Student Services:4000 University Drive
Los Alamos, NM 87544
Summer is the perfect time to get ahead on your degree requirements. Take advantage of an immersive and rewarding learning experience. Summer courses are usually smaller and allow for more interaction with the professor.