The Summer Bridge Program provides high school graduates and High School Equivalency (HSE) recipients with a gradual transition to college, and assists students with tutoring and mentoring to strengthen their academic skills. In addition to providing the opportunity to take a college math course in just eight weeks, the program provides opportunities to develop college success skills and learn how to navigate in higher education.
- Participate in a cohort of other first-time college students.
- Receive personalized attention from UNM-LA faculty and staff.
- Become familiar with the campus and its resources.
- FREE Tuition—scholarships cover tuition for the program.
Admission to the program is contingent upon the following:
- 2017 high school graduate or 2017 HSE recipient.
- Eligible for UNM-Los Alamos admission. (Application can be completed with the Summer Bridge application.)
- Complete a Summer Bridge Program Application Packet.
- Once accepted into the program, meet with an advisor to register for the appropriate class.
- Participate in a mandatory orientation and a weekly student success session that will include enrichment, advisement, and educational activities.
Priority Deadline April 21, 2017. Incomplete applications will not be considered. (If space remains in the program after priority deadline, UNM-LA will continue to accept applications until filled.)
This program and its associated scholarship are extremely competitive.Summer Bridge Application
For more information, contact the Office of Student Services:4000 University Drive
Los Alamos, NM 87544
Summer is the perfect time to get ahead on your degree requirements. Take advantage of an immersive and rewarding learning experience. Summer courses are usually smaller and allow for more interaction with the instructor.