Textbook Adoption Instructions
UNM Los Alamos has contracted with Missouri Book Service (MBS) to maintain a virtual bookstore. We are required by Federal law to have all books listed on the site and available for our students to purchase when the semester registration opens so they can be prepared for the first day of class. Although students have the freedom to purchase books from any source, UNM-LA is a state agency and cannot endorse any other vendor.
In order to have the bookstore up and running each semester, I will need your book information submitted via email by the week before registration opens up to students — approximately seven weeks before classes start.
The information I will need emailed to me is as follows:
- The course and section you are teaching (i.e. GEOG 101-300 Physical Geography)
- The title and edition of the book you want to use
- Whether the book is required, optional, or recommended
- The ISBN (10-digit or 13-digit) — REQUIRED, NO EXCEPTIONS
- If no book is required, you must let me know, as I will never assume
- If your course uses an instructor created lab manual, an order form will need to be completed and a copy of the manual will need to be turned in to me
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your cooperation in advance!Selena Branch
Cashier and Bookstore Director
UNM Los Alamos