UNM Los Alamos

Transfer Students

Transfer Students

If you have attended other colleges, you may enroll in degree, non-degree, or unclassified status.

To have transcripts from other colleges evaluated, apply for degree status in a UNM-offered program and request that official copies of your transcript be sent from all previously attended colleges to:

UNM Los Alamos
4000 University Drive
Los Alamos, New Mexico 87544

If you are applying for the next academic session while still enrolled at another institution, your official transcript must include a listing of courses in progress as well as all completed work. An official evaluation of the transcript will be prepared only if the above procedures are followed.

You must indicate on your application all previous college attendance. Applications will not be finalized until all required items are on file with the Admissions Office.

Freshman Transfer

If you are transferring to UNM Los Alamos with fewer than 26 hours of acceptable college work, you are considered a freshman transfer. In addition to official college transcripts, you must also submit a complete official transcript of high school work (and/or GED scores, if applicable). You may also submit official ACT scores, sent directly from:

ACT Records
PO Box 51
Iowa City, Iowa 52240

Applicants may not ignore previous college attendance, even though they may prefer to repeat all previous courses. Students found guilty of non-disclosure or misrepresentation in filling out admission application forms are subject to disciplinary action, including possible dismissal from UNM Los Alamos.

Academic credits for courses completed at other postsecondary institutions can be transferred to UNM Los Alamos if:

  • A grade of D or better was earned in the course
  • The postsecondary institution is appropriately accredited
  • UNM or UNM Los Alamos offers an equivalent course as determined by the appropriate individual(s)