UNM Los Alamos

Returning Students

Returning Students

A UNM Los Alamos degree-seeking student who stops attending for three or more sessions, including a summer, must file an application for readmission.

How to Apply

Download the Application

  1. Complete and return an application for readmission to the Student Services Office. For complete details, see the Apply Now page.
  2. If you attended another institution while away from UNM Los Alamos or have taken college-level correspondence or extension courses, send an official transcript from each college you have attended directly to the Student Services Office. A summary on one transcript of work at several colleges is not sufficient. If you are applying for the next academic semester at UNM–Los Alamos while still enrolled at another institution, the official transcript must include a listing of courses in progress, as well as all completed work. Applications will not be processed until all the required items are on file with the Student Services Office.
  3. Students who have been suspended or dismissed as the result of disciplinary problems shall not be readmitted to the University without a required interview with the Director of Student Services. The University reserves the right to refuse any student readmission on the basis of his or her student history, either academic or disciplinary.

When to Apply

We strongly encourage students to reapply as early as possible. Deadlines for readmission vary according to your previous academic status or the college you wish to enter. Contact the Student Services Office for specific dates. If you do not register for the session requested on your application and wish to postpone enrollment to a subsequent semester, you must notify the Student Services office. Applications are applicable for three consecutive sessions only. If you do not take advantage of admission and enroll within that period, a new application is required.


Contact Student Services at infounmla@unm.edu or call 505-662-5919.