Employment & Internships
UNM student employment and work study positions are available through the UNM Jobs portal. Click on the “Student” button for a complete listing of opportunities on all campuses.
Students interested in learning more about work possibilities may contact Grace Willerton, Student Success Associate at (505) 663-3402 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ongoing Openings and Internships
Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Community College Internship (CCI) program is available for full-time internships of 10 weeks over the summer for students enrolled in a science or technical degree at a community college. See http://science.energy.gov/wdts/cci/ for more details, application, and deadlines.
- Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship (SULI) program is available for spring, summer, or fall terms for students enrolled in a science or technical degree. See http://science.energy.gov/wdts/suli/ for more details, application, and deadlines.
- Job posting for LANL internships can be found on the their website under Careers, Jobs http://www.lanl.gov/careers/career-options/jobs/index.php:
- In “Undergraduate Jobs”, select a specific position listed by a department, or apply to the general application called, “Undergraduate Internship Program.”
- Email Scott Robbins, Student Program Manager for LANL, at email@example.com, for more information and assistance in contacting a potential mentor.
JATC Apprenticeship Programs
- In-class and on-the-job training for teledata and for wiremen (electricians)
- Applications found online and may be submitted in person or mailed to 4501 Montbel Place NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107
- Open Monday-Friday, 9:00-11:00 AM and 1:30-4:00 PM