SUN PATH HELPS YOU EARN AN EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (EMT) CERTIFICATE
The UNM-LA Emergency Medical Services program continues to grow, and in partnership SUN PATH provides assistance to employment opportunities after certification. This is your opportunity to enter the healthcare field by receiving top rated education in our newly renovated facility featuring an ambulance simulator, an emergency room mock-up, and technology enabled classroom space. The training you receive will prepare you to pass the certification exam and enter the EMS work environment confident to take on any emergency situation.
Perhaps you still lack a high school diploma. Through SUN PATH and our Adult Basic Education Department, obtaining you HSE is part of the journey.
Through our SUN PATH partner, The New Mexico Workforce Connections, financial assistance is available for your classes. Funding is limited, so early registration into the SUN PATH Program is advised.
- 16 Week Program
- 1 or 2 Day a Week Schedules Available
- Clinical and Field Experience Program Components
Sign up for EMT programs (including EMS intro and EMT intermediate) or the Personal Care Attendant (PCA) program with SUN PATH support.
If you are interested in getting more information about the SUN PATH courses (EMS, EMT, and PCA), including requirements and eligibility, contact Cindy Leyba at UNM Los Alamos by phone at 505-663-3407, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Financial Aid Guidance
Resume Development and Job Interviews
Job Fairs and Employer Networking Opportunities
WIOA Funding (If Eligible)
Ability to Benefit certified
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) classified individuals
- Incumbent workers
- Anyone interested in expanding their earning potential through increased skill attainment
WHAT IF I STILL DO NOT HAVE A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA?
We provide assessment testing to determine if you are eligible to enroll in these courses while working through our Adult Basic Education Department to obtain your HSE certificate.
As a SUN PATH student, you have the added support of a Job Development Career Coach (JDCC) to assist you in your pursuit of employment success. Your JDCC is committed to providing you all the job seeking services available through the New Mexico Workforce Connections.
- One-on-one career blueprint: development of where you want to go and how to get there
- Assistance creating effective resumes, cover letters, and thank you letters or email messages
- Overview and guidance using the New Mexico Workforce Connection Online System,
- which includes posting your resume for employers to see
- Assistance submitting resumes to potential employers
- Career readiness workshops: resume building, do’s and don’ts in an interview, mock interviews, and dress for success
Learn More About SUN PATH
Visit the SUN PATH website at skillupnetwork.org/