Employment & Internships
UNM student employment and work study positions are available through the UNM Jobs portal. Click on the “Student” button for a complete listing of opportunities on all campuses.
The Accelerate program at UNM-LA offers funding for three internships each year (variable). All students participating in the program are eligible to apply. For more information about the Accelerate program, please see our website or contact Grace Willerton, Career Technical Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IT Internships and Information
During the Summer 2014 semester, UNM-Los Alamos will be providing two internship opportunities for IT students funded through the NSF Cyber Security grant. Those enrolled full-time in the new IT AAS degree program are eligible to apply for a summer internship at Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) and a campus internship with the UNM-LA IT department. More information about these programs and instructions for submitting applications are available here.
You can learn more about the Co-op-Ed internship program at UNM-LA here; scroll down to the entry “Cooperative Education.” For more information about co-op opportunities in your department, speak with your department chair.
Ongoing Openings and Internships
Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Community College Internship (CCI) program is available for full-time internships of 10 weeks over the summer for students enrolled in a science or technical degree at a community college. See http://science.energy.gov/wdts/cci/ for more details, application, and deadlines.
- Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship (SULI) program is available for spring, summer, or fall terms for students enrolled in a science or technical degree. See http://science.energy.gov/wdts/suli/ for more details, application, and deadlines.
- Job posting for LANL internships can be found on the their website under Careers, Jobs http://www.lanl.gov/careers/career-options/jobs/index.php:
- In “Undergraduate Jobs”, select a specific position listed by a department, or apply to the general application called, “Undergraduate Internship Program.”
- Email Scott Robbins, Student Program Manager for LANL, at email@example.com, for more information and assistance in contacting a potential mentor.
JATC Apprenticeship Programs
- In-class and on-the-job training for teledata and for wiremen (electricians)
- Applications found online and may be submitted in person or mailed to 4501 Montbel Place NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107
- Open Monday-Friday, 9:00-11:00 AM and 1:30-4:00 PM