CERT Solar Technology
The intent of this program is to provide students with a set of skills and knowledge in the area of solar technology. Students will learn basic principles of photovoltaic (PV) systems, mechanical & electrical integration of PV systems, utility interconnection, commissioning, maintenance & troubleshooting PV systems.
The curriculum will also include aspects of architectural design and construction to create environmentally sustainable and energy efficient structures. This certificate may be used as a terminal certificate with subsequent entrance into the workforce, or it may form the basis for additional coursework leading to an associate degree in this field.
A minimum grade of “C” (not C-) or better is required in each Technical Course.
- ENGL 110: Accelerated Composition (3)
- ENGL 112: Composition II (3)
- ENGL 113: Enhanced Composition (3)
- MATH 107: Problems in College Algebra (1)
- MATH 121: College Algebra (3)
- MATH 123: Trigonometry (3)
- PHYC 102: Introduction to Physics (3)
- PHYC 102L: Physics Laboratory (1)
- ELCT 105: Industrial Shop Practice (3)
- DRFT 103: Introduction to Drafting (3)
- DRFT 119: Blueprint Reading (3)
- CT 111: Introduction to Computer Aided Drafting and Design (3)
- SLRT 101: Introduction to Alternative Energy Technologies (3)
- SLRT 162: Photovoltaics I: Analysis (3)
- SLRT 163: Photovoltaics II: Equipment & Installation (3)
- SLRT 250: Green Architectural Design (4)
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS: 39