UNM Los Alamos Student Government
A positive difference on campus!
The UNM-LA Student Government represents the student body, plans campus events, and contributes to student educational opportunities.
What does Student Government do for You, Your Campus and Your Community?
- Funds Food for Finals and refreshments for New Student Orientation.
- Purchased equipment for biology, chemistry, and robotics labs.
- Purchased computer monitors for the Academic Support Center.
- Participates in Los Alamos High School Homecoming Parade and Los Alamos Chamber Winterfest Parade.
- Purchased furniture and computers for student areas around campus.
- Provides funding towards graduation, campus festivities, and student organizations such as Phi Theta Kappa.
- Organized food drives to benefit UNM-LA students in need as well as support LA Cares food bank.
- Hosted job fairs, and attended scholarship fundraisers.
- Provides funding for the Library.
2016-17 Student Government Members
Back row, left to right: Advisor, Grace Willerton, Hannah Whittaker, Kaylen Pocaterra, and Advisor, Kateri Morris
Front row, left to right: Taraen Taylor, Daniel Wierl, and William Fischahs
Not pictured: Jeffery Conway, Cody Ulibarri
Your Role in Student Government
- Contribute to providing a positive and welcoming experience for students during their time at UNM-LA
- Interact with UNM-LA faculty, staff and administration and represent the needs and concerns of UNM-LA students and to act on behalf of the student body
- Attend Student Government meetings and events, engage in prudent decision-making, and promote student achievement on campus
Benefits from Participation
- Improve leadership skills such as conflict resolution, problem solving, and event planning
- Enjoy meeting new friends as well as gaining important professional contacts
- Take part in lasting and valuable contributions to campus and community
- $100 stipend for your participation and leadership contributions
For more information about the Student Government, please contact
Student Government Advisor
The University of New Mexico-Los Alamos
4000 University Dr.
Los Alamos, NM 87544