Here are the necessary steps for submitting your application.
- Submit application. (Online or paper.) Be sure application is complete including residency information, degree, semester and year you wish to begin classes. Be aware that non-degree status will mean you are NOT eligible for financial aid.
- Pay application fee. You can pay the application fee at the cashier’s office, Student Services, online, mail, or by phone.
- Order / Submit Official High School, GED and/or all college transcripts. This will speed up the process if these are in BEFORE you meet with an Advisor. If you have ANY college credit, order official transcripts from each institution you have attended.
- Order / Submit Official ACT or SAT scores. If you have not taken either, or if you will need to begin your Math or English progression again, you will need to take the COMPASS placement tests. These tests are un-timed and free for your first attempt. They are administered on a walk-in basis at Student Services front desk. You may take the test Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- If you are applying for Financial Aid, complete the online FAFSA form at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/. The UNM School Code is 002663.